Department of Biochemistry and Structural Biology
Phone: +46 46 222 1443
Renzo Johansson, PhD Student
Ipsita Banerjee, PhD Student
Structural studies on molecules of biological and medical interest using integrated structural biology, combining protein X-ray and neutron crystallography, cryo-electron microscopy and small angle X-ray scattering, in particular:
- enzymes from the ribonucleotide reductase family, in particular the role of the ATP-cone domain in nucleotide-modulated allosteric activity regulation
- glypicans and enzymes involved in heparan sulphate biosynthesis
- inhibitor design against the galectin family of proteins
I also participate in management of a facility for protein crystallisation and characterisation at Lund Protein Production Facility (LP3). I represent the Science Faculty in an initiative to build a stronger community for single-particle cryo-electron microscopy at Lund University and I am the University's representative in the User Reference Group for the Cell and Molecular Imaging platform at SciLifeLab.
- Responsible for the masters' course in Structural Biochemistry KEMM25
- Teacher on KEMA03 (Introductory Course in Biochemistry) and KFKN10 (Biophysical Chemistry)
Enquiries about bachelors' or masters' projects in the Logan group are welcome!